Category Archives: Paranormal Romance
As I promised last week, come hell or high water, and regardless of what a slacker I may look like by sharing this information, this is the Tuesday Task Tally post #1. The plan is to track my little tasks and progress as I work with my publisher, Inkspell Publishing to debut Call of the Sea.
Tasks Assigned by Inkspell (so far):
1. Write the book blurb for Call of the Sea – DONE (sent to editor for review)
2. Get in touch with designer regarding cover art – finalize artwork – DONE – (Cover reveal 2/20/2012)
3. Blog post for Inkspell’s blog (should do semi regularly) –DONE – sent for review
4. First run edits on the manuscript need to be sent to my editor.
5. Bookmarks and swag discussions. Logline for bookmarks need to be sent to editor and designer – DONE (cant wait to see these)
6. Free read for the Inkspell website (promotion materials) – DONE – Sent to editor for first run editing
7. Stay up to date on publisher website group posts and join their Goodreads group. – DONE
8. Publicist introductions and beginning of promotions brainstorming. – DONE – Intro email sent. Getting started on Cover reveal schedule.
Tasks I’ve Assigned Myself
1. Write a new short story for the Make Believe anthology (J. Taylor Publishing) – IN PROGRESS (1.5k words in — 5-10k goal)
2. Critiques due for other authors on Scribophile. – WAY BEHIND – major slacker!
3. Set up cover reveal blog posts with other author and book sites. – In Progress – still coordinating with bloggers/authors
4. Contact local book store to see about having them stock the book on their shelves – Not started
5. Contact Barnes and Noble regarding books by local authors in their store. – Not started
So looking at the above, I am ahead of schedule on some things, and behind on a few others. Will have to see what new tasks are added in this week, but I think right now the priority is getting the first round of editing done and sent to my editor, so I can work some creativity into the short story I’ve put on my plate.
If you are a published author, debut or otherwise, how do you keep yourself organized? Do you have suggestions for things to be addressed that maybe I don’t even have on my list? Very curious to see if others experiences are similar.